Ship Concept’s core business is ship and boat design covering all engineering subjects, naval electronics and marine engineering. We also offer technical consultancy overseeing and surveying of ship construction or repair, on behalf of the owner. We cover all the following areas:
– Naval Architecture
– Stability calculations and reports
– Calculations of power, resistance and speed of conventional and planning craft
– Seakeeping behaviour analysis
– Design and specification of propulsion and auxiliary systems for ships
– Design of power generation and distribution systems for ships
– Structural calculations for steel, GRP and aluminum hulls
– Shipyard technology
– Heating and Air-Conditioning systems, Vibration measurements and reports
– Consultancy and technical advisory
To assist in all these engineering areas we have a permanent core of highly experienced engineers all of them with a long career in shipbuilding and ship repair activities and management and other specialist collaborators in all fields of naval engineering and design.
We can assist our clients in the procurement phase of a construction or repair. We can perform the technical reception of materials and equipments. We prepare and assist to acceptance trials, we prepare all documentation for approval by Classification Society or Administration. We can specify, assist and monitor the implementation of an Integrated Logistic Supply system, and prepare a planned maintenance system.
Our experience, gained from 1991 and the individual curricula of our collaborators in the various fields of naval and marine engineering, both in the civil and military ship design, qualify Ship Concept as one of the most competent in Portugal, in this area.