Ship Concept has made some significant designs:
– Design with CAD/CAM 3D modelling of a 60 m pontoon for construction of bridges structural components for a Spanish owner.
– Concept design of a 50 m a catamaran ferry to carry passengers and vehicles in Tagus River, for bidding in a tender.
– Overseeing and inspection of the building of an 18 m catamaran vessel, GRP hull, powered by waterjets, for scuba diving sports, presently operating in the portuguese coast.
– Overseeing and inspection of the building of a 20 m steel vessel, fitted with underwater windows to allow a submarine vision, built in Sardinia (Italy) and presently in operation in Cape Verde.
– Basic design of a 22m passenger boat, for 60 passengers, steel hull, for operation in Tagus River, as a tourism vessel.
– Consultancy for the design team of 25m aluminum fast boat.
– Powering studies of “Mouro” a police craft from customs brigade.
– Overseeing and inspection of the construction of 12 fast surveillance and interception craft on behalf of Ministry of Internal Affairs. Participation in the formal acceptance procedures.
– Technical support to the jury of a tender for the procurement of a series of 12 fast surveillance and interception craft presently being operated by customs brigade.
– Preparation of technical specifications and participation in the analysis of proposals in a public tender for the supply of eight 10 to 14m boats on behalf of Guarda Nacional Republicana.
– Design and inspections of the construction in Athens of a 400 ton pontoon to carry and operate a high capacity cement unloader.
– Superintendence of a fleet of barges for inland waters. (Tejareias/Calibra).
– Concept design of a 85m ferry, for 500 passengers and 53 vehicles for a competing procedure in Senegal.
– Design and engineering of a barges to transport sand.
– Concept design of various vessels (a 5 m patrol boat, a 30 m supply boat, one 80m landing craft on behalf of a shipbuilding company, in international competing procedures.
– Resistance and powering analysis of a pleasure yacht on behalf of ECV, a marine diesel engines agent.
– Design of a mooring system for a museum ship, “N/M Santo Andr”, based on a bracing structure from the ship to vertical piles. (The work involved the analysis of the ship response to waves and wind and the transmission of the resulting forces to the piles to allow the calculation of their scantlings).
– Engineering and design of the modification of the propulsion system for 3 Patrol Boats of Macau Harbour Police.The modification consisted of replacing the propeller/shaft system by waterjets.
– Design and engineering of a conceptualization of ship structures for the Sea Knowledge exhibition during Expo 98, the international Exhibition about the Seas in Lisbon, 1998.
– Basic design and design development of a passenger vessel, GRP hull, for a maritime tourism company in Algarve, Portugal.
– Basic design and design development of a passenger vessel for Aveiro City Council in Portugal.
– Consultancy for a diving company for a feasibility study about the salvage of shipwrecks in the bay of Luanda (Angola).
– Basic design and design development of one Multi-Purpose Rescue and Fire Boat for Companhia do Aeroporto de Macau (CAM).
– Stability calculation of one sailing vessel, a chinese “Lorcha”, including a technical solution to answer operator’s claims on poor manouvrability and instability when sailing.
– Several studies and calculations about powering and resistance of boats;propeller and shaft design for fishing vessels in Portugal.
– Basic design and design development of one harbour tugboat for Macau Harbour police
– Basic design and design development of one multipurpose vessel built in Peoples Republic of China,in Xanghai.
– Basic design and project development for the construction of one Buoy Recovery Vessel for Macau STDM company.
– Buoy Vessel
– Basic design and design development for the construction of a series of 11 m Fast Boats to the Security Forces and Harbour Police of Macau, powered by water-jets.
– Basic design and design development for the construction of mooring pontoons for Macau Jet-Foils in Macau (Type 1 e Type 2).
It is relevant to mention that our staff and collaborators have a vast individual experience in this field having participated in a number of other designs namely a few of them related to naval vessels from 16 to 80 metros in aluminum, GRP and steel and passenger vessels single hull and catamaran.
For all these reasons we believe we are in excellent position to assist any customer in a professional and competent manner in all areas where our expertise were required.